mlpdokastuck is the new superwholock
im sick of seeing shows which claim to be “HARDCORE REALIST DECONSTRUCTIONS” when all they do is add some muddier colors, get rid of the light at the end of the tunnel, and make sure no one’s happy at the end.
i’d like to see more “deconstruction” that WAS realist. one that shows “yeah, shit goes wrong, but it’s really not that bad at the end of it all.” evangelion did that and hey? it literally changed the entire anime industry as a whole
the 1990s were a dark time for every medium, between comic books being dark and gritty because something dark and gritty popularized it (watchmen was dark because it was deeper? like it was just a big hole while most were painted black) and western animation being stuck in limited animation because of the animation age problem and nobody really treating it like a medium for storytelling outside of films, which, even then was only seen as a child’s thing.
i don’t know what this text post is about anymore but what it comes down to is fuck madoka magica
CNN has obtained a video, taken shortly after Michael Brown was shot, that shows a contractor who had been working near the shooting site describing the incident in a manner that matches other eyewitness testimony—raising his arms and shouting “man, he was going like this,” as if to suggest that Brown had adopted a posture of surrender before he died.
Two contractors are shown in the video, and both have spoken to CNN; one also spoke previously to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and one to Fox affiliate KTVI. The individual who is shouting and raising his arms in in the video told CNN that “the cop didn’t say get on the ground. He just kept shooting.” The other said that he saw officer Darren Wilson “chasing” Brown, that Wilson fired a shot at Brown while Brown’s back was turned, and that Brown raised his hands before he died, though it’s not clear at what point the witness saw Brown’s hands raised. (For what it’s worth, it seems like the worker who spoke to KTVI is the one wearing a pink shirt in the video and that the worker who spoke to the Post-Dispatch is wearing a green shirt.)
The CNN account notes that the workers are not from Ferguson and did not know the Brown family—a detail that could increase their perceived objectivity vis a vis witnesses from Brown’s neighborhood.
33 Days since Mike Brown’s murder, and his killer, Darren Wilson, is still a free man. How much more evidence is needed to make a fucking arrest?! #farfromover #staywoke #ArrestDarrenWilson
Its out, the long awaited sequel to the Windows XP Destruction video. Enjoy, This computer didn’t.
Winner gets 40$ Whatpumpkin gift card, enough for a hoodie (+ 5$) or two tees!
Thank you to everyone who has made my Tumblr experience so great!
- Don’t have to be following me (coming and checking out my blog would be appreciated though!)
- No giveaway blogs
- Likes don’t count
- Please don’t reblog more than once
- You have to be willing to give me your email address (that’s how you will receive the gift card)
- All my current followers automatically get an entry, meaning if they reblog they get two (if you follow me and would like to leave the prize for someone else you can ask me to withdraw your name from the contest or just tell me if you get chosen)
- I’m using the random number generator n stuff and have made it as random as possible so you get 1/(amount of reblogs+number of followers who want to be in the contest) chance to win if you reblog, with the exception of current followers (who participate) who can get double that
- Oh shit tumblr actually has a lot of rules about giveaways that I’m kind of breaking oops. Just be fully conscious that Tumblr itself is not associated with this giveaway and this is fully my (onebay1’s) responsibility
- You have to have your ask open
- If you win you will receive an ask from me, to which you must respond within 48 hours or I will pick another winner
- Ends September 15th 2014
so i discovered that dipper’s VA jason ritter has a vine today
Here are some wonderful facts about Sea World’s orcas!
- The average lifespan of wild orcas ranges from 30-50 years, although some females can easily make it past 80 (a wild orca named J2 or ‘Granny’ is 103 this year!). The lifespan of a Sea World orca is around 25 years, the median age being 9. But at least they put on a good show!
- Don’t worry, collapsed dorsal fins are a common condition, although in the wild only sick or injured orcas have collapsed dorsal fins. All of Sea World’s males and some females have it, it makes them look unique!
- The size of Sea World’s tanks compared to an orca is about the same as a human to a bathtub. Lot’s of room to stretch and move!
- Wild orcas swim 100+ miles a day, they would have to swim around their tank 1,400+ times a day to achieve that. But that seems like a lot of work, and you may see the animals hanging out near the surface of the water or on the bottoms of their tanks for hours. That’s a lot more relaxing than swimming all those miles!
- Sea World gives their orcas a Valium-like drug to stop the whales from acting aggressively towards each other and to numb their minds from their vastly uninteresting concrete tanks. Buying a ticket to Sea World is an excellent way to help them pay for these drugs that they pump their animals full with!
- Many captive orcas show abnormal behaviors like head bobbing, chewing on concrete, and self mutilation by banging their heads into the side of the tank. Obviously just temper-tantrums! Silly things.
- In the wild, there has been only one orca attack. Bad orca! While in captivity, there have been over 100 attacks and 4 deaths. These animals just need more training, it couldn’t possibly be related to their confinement!
- Food is used as reinforcement for tricks. Do a trick, get your dinner. Don’t want to do a trick? I guess you don’t eat tonight you stubborn thing!
See? Sea World isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Oh, one more fact: for every $1,000,000 Sea World makes, about $600 goes into conservation efforts (about $0.5 a ticket). I’m so glad they care about conservation of the ocean! Amazing work!
If you haven’t realized it yet, this post is 100% sarcastic. It should be obvious, but not everyone understands sarcasm…
*listens to music on the train*
Heavy rain dampens the protests near the highway and at the police station in Ferguson.
This is a picture of three people from the Ferguson city commission.
Remember the story of how Ferguson police beat a man and then charged him with bleeding on their uniforms?
See that woman in the picture?
She was one of the cops who beat him.
Seriously what the fuck.
If you weren’t following #Ferguson on Twitter last night, you missed out. The city commission had a meeting where they tried to tell the people they couldn’t talk, but were eventually shouted down. So the All-White-Except-One city council sat there, gave people three minutes to speak, and said nothing, responded to nothing, and did nothing.
A couple of highlights:
A man arrested for peacefully protesting spoke up and said “I’ve done more jail time than Darren Wilson.”
“If Darren Wilson doesn’t get justice, you might as well bring back the army, because it’s going to be chaos,” said another.
ESPN E60 reportedly had a story about a football player from Ferguson who reported a harassment incident with Darren Wilson a week before Mike Brown. (Looked for more reports of this today and don’t see any. Sent a few messages to journalists who were covering Ferguson.)
Several people talked about how the “justice” system (more like “jüstice” system) in Ferguson routinely harasses and exploits people.
The whole thing seemed very organized, with people telling the council (paraphrased): “You’ve done nothing for us, and that’s why you’ve got a murder on your hands. Now we’re coming for you [meaning the various seats on the council]” with one woman in particular saying to the woman pictured above, “We’re coming for your seat first.”
“I have 3 minutes to tell you I am ashamed of every single one of you.”
You’re not sure you really want to dig into this huge tome. It looks really boring. And kind of ornery.
Maybe you’ll just check out that free modus instead.
reminder that this exists and i put actual real effort into making it